Friday, September 24, 2010

Work, Work, Work...

School is in full-swing. I am studying Dietetics and Dustin is studying Accounting. This weekend I have 3 tests to take and Dustin has one too. We are busy but super happy with our classes. It has been so much fun for us both to be studying the classes we are interested in. And we have still made time for some fun! I took part in a health-fair at Costco and was able to teach the employees the importance of eating "5 a day". It was a really good experience to talk to people about diet and exercise and just the importance of a healthy lifestyle.

We also went to Spud Day up in Shelley. I was absolutely impressed. I loved the parade, the free spud, and especially the Spud Tug. They pour instant potatoes in a pit from a cement mixer truck and the losing team falls into the pit. It was super fun to watch. haha...

Last weekend was conference weekend and we had another little trip down to Aurora. Dustin's parents came down to Aurora and we all went up to my parent's cabin and went on a SUPER dusty 4-wheeler ride. We all made it out alive and had a great time. We only stayed for the day, but the company, food, and entertainment were great!

We also got tickets to go to the BYU v. Nevada game. It was fun, but too bad that the Cougars decided not to play so well.
We decided to go to our favorite place, Cracker Barrel, to celebrate nine months since we started dating. I also have made bread pudding a couple of times, something that Dustin has decided he likes quite a bit, so I'm sure that'll be a Hanson family staple.

Married life has been all we have hoped for and we are loving being married to our best friends. Basically, we've been having too much fun! :) Until next post...

6 comments:

  1. Ahh....bread pudding. I know where Dustin gets his "like" for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun! Cute pictures! Glad you are enjoying married life.

    Good luck with all of your classes and tests. I am sure it is crazy hectic with both of you going to school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling blog Amy! Sounds like you guys are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahooo for health fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are going well with you both! I've never been to Spud Day and I live here. I hope to see you sometime soon! I have a blog too, hope you don't mind if I put you on my blog list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you have a blog! Now I can stalk you :) Welcome to the blogger world! You two are so cute together! I'm so happy for you! Looks like you're havin lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete