Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wonderful Summer

This has been such a fun month. The 4th of July and Christmas are my favorite holidays. Which is good because they are almost 6 months apart. :) This 4th of July was just super too! We went to the Stadium of Fire with my family and had a perfect shady seat. David Archuleta and Brad Paisley were both really fun to listen too AND we had some tasty kettle corn and snow cones. What else could have been better? Nothing. Well, actually my Dad has some pretty amazing driving skills and got us home in like 10 minutes... that was the coolest part of the night I think!

We finally got to bed at about 1AM and 4 short hours later we jumped in the car and headed to Idaho! We made it with 15 minutes to spare which was enough time for me to change into my dress and for Dustin to tie his tie! yay! Baby Kenzie is just precious and we are so glad we were able to be there for her special day. It was so good to see all of the Hanson family. The grandkids are so much fun to be around... the weekend just flew by too fast! We enjoyed the fireworks in Idaho Falls and of course had to stop at Mr. Pizza before we headed home and that topped off the trip!

All is well at the Senior Center... I can't believe how fast the summer is going by. I will only be there another 6 weeks! Ugh... and then school starts again. I have been trying to mentally prepare myself for school start since we got out in April and I am still not too enthused to go back... I feel like I am back in grade school again! haha... I am however excited for Dustin to get going in the Accounting Program because I know how wonderful he is going to do! And really, I am beyond excited about being a senior so it is going to be a good year!

Our 1 year anniversary is 17 short days away! The other exciting part of that week is Dustin will be finished with his night sales job! We are excited for August so we can spend lots of time together and go on our fun family trip to San Diego!

Yay for summer! I wish everyone reading a wonderful summer too!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you guys have been married a year already! I guess that makes sense, since Kennedy is about to celebrate her birthday too. Sounds like things are going well. As for starting back at school, good luck. I am sure it will be nice to know that you are so close to being done! It also makes it difficult too! Matt is having the same feelings! Exciting for Dustin starting in his program. I am sure he will do great!

    ReplyDelete