Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monumental Occasion!

Hear ye hear ye! I feel like I should shout this special event from the rooftops. (Do people really do that?) I don't know but that isn't the point... The moment we have all been waiting for... Drum roll please...................
LUKE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!

It is official. Now I am not getting my hopes up or anything for tonight but I am sure in shock that it actually happened. Yesterday I was trying SO hard to study for my Nutritional Biochemistry test and Luke would have NONE of that. He was being Mr. Needy and probably napped for an hour total between the hours of 10AM-6PM. So that meant I only got about 1 hour of study time before my test. It is amazing how much your brain can actually learn in that amount of time! When I got home we had bath time, which he loves, and he kicked around and squealed for a little bit and then the big moment came... we turned down the lights, he had his last little bit of dinner and started getting sleepy so we laid him down at 10:30PM... and... the next time I saw him was 7:15AM. Wow. 
Now that doesn't mean I slept the whole night. I woke up at 3AM and didn't hear anything so I went to bed. Then woke up at 4AM and didn't hear anything... I couldn't believe it was happening to me and so I went cheerfully back to sleep until 7AM! So I guess the next step is to get ME back to sleeping through the night! :)

We are having so much fun with Luke in our family. He is teaching us a lot especially about love. I am so grateful for such a special little boy! Here are some cute pictures I took today of Luke and his Daddy! 


**Have a Happy Week!!**


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a momentous occasion! He is such a darling boy Amy! I hope the good nights of rest continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a huge deal! Love when it finally happens. Hopefully he will keep it up and start a new trend! It is amazing what a little bit of sleep can do for the mommy! I hope he cooperates and that YOU can start sleeping through the night soon too!

    Good luck with the rest of the semester! You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many cograts!!!! So happy/jelous for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! That IS a big step! He's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete