Monday, July 30, 2012

**Happy 2 Year Anniversary! + Moving Day!**

July 31, 2010


2 years ago tonight I have no idea what was going through my head. I can't remember a thing! I thought I was mature and I would be able to remember the very important things from my wedding day but I was wrong. haha... I was just as giddy as I would have been if I had been 18. I loved my wedding day! The week leading up to July 31st was rainy and I was slightly concerned that we would be rained out of our garden reception but the stars aligned and it was the perfect weather on our big day! The Manti Temple was beautiful and our sealer did a special job and said some things to us that we still remember. He told Dustin, "We expect great things from you." We are trying to live up to that statement. What a wonderful blessing our marriage has been. We are still so grateful for the family and friends that supported us that day. :)
Now here we are 2 years later and boy has it been "the best 2 years!" I guess it helps that Dustin is SO patient and easy to get along/live with. Someday I am going to be more like him. :) So much has happened: our Honeymoon Cruise, I started my cooking blog, Dustin got LASIK eye surgery, Dustin got accepted to the Accounting Program and also the Master's Program, I graduated (Hallelujah!), we went on a trip to San Diego, Luke joined us!, and much much more!
So what are we doing to celebrate this wonderful day in our lives... MOVING. haha... But boy are we excited! We are so grateful to my wonderful cousin Kayla and her husband Nate for recommending us to rent their apartment. Also, it is official that we will be staying there until we leave Provo for good. Which is such a good feeling! I will take pictures after we get all settled. After the big move, then we will be going out to dinner (Dustin is surprising me), and then going to watch Crazy for You at the Hale Theater. I was in that play in high school and loved it so I hope I can contain myself and not burst into song. But I better not make any promises.
Happiness is being married to your best friend is and I hope our next 2, 20, even 50 years are as good as these past 2 have been. :)

2 comments:

  1. The years just get better and better. We also loved your wedding day and how well we were taken care of by your family. Congrats on your first two.

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little late with this, but congratulations and hope you had a happy anniversary! Amy, you are the best thing that has ever happened to Dustin, and he's had some wonderful things happen in his life. Thanks for all you do, and thanks for being part of our family!

    ReplyDelete