Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sweepstakes Winner!!

Really... I thought sweepstakes and drawings were somehow rigged... I had never actually met someone who had WON a sweepstakes. Well, I should have known that Dustin would be the person to win. :) I guess he sent in a text or filled out something online a few months back for the Sprint Legends Sweepstake. 
As the winners... we won: 2 free tickets to the BYU vs. New Mexico Football game with field access and also the seats were up in the suites! (I had never been up there but now I know why people get into that kind of thing!) Tucanos catered Dinner and snacks/drinks galore were provided. AND... we got to watch the game with Chad Lewis (previous BYU football player who played professional for the Eagles) and two signed footballs (Jimmer's signature was a bonus!) and free backpacks from the suite sponsor... gee. I hope I am remembering it all! Needless to say we felt pretty special by the end of the game!
One part that we found funny is there was absolutely NO advertising for Sprint the whole time. No one tried to sell us a cell phone or anything like that... we just met an advertising rep who had flown in from Kansas City and he gave us our lanyards and watched the game with us. Super nice guy. And then after it was all over... we just said bye as we left the gates and walked to our car. It seemed dreamlike. Seriously, no strings attached. We just said "thank you" and left with our loot. TO MAKE THE STORY EVEN BETTER: I found $10 abandoned on the sidewalk on the way home. So basically we made money. haha...
We seriously had so much fun! Chad Lewis was super fun to talk to and Dustin had a really good time talking football with him while I tried to take some good pictures! We met a reporter named Jay Drew who covers a ton of BYU sports and some other really fun people. :) Everyone just treated us like we were part of the crew! Well, that is enough of that... let's get to the pictures!
The cool view from our suite!
 
Cougar Tail anyone? 
 
The band
Dustin and Chad Lewis
 
Hi Bronco!
The guy with the grey hood... ya, that's Jimmer! 
 
 These guys are huge!
 
My cool touchdown shot!
Saying "bye" as we headed back to our suite
 
 **What a fun night!**
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great night! Glad you guys were the big winners! Good luck to you both with upcoming finals! hope you get lots of relaxing done over the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun! One time I won a free edition of Microsoft Office 2007 Pro (when it was brand new). I felt pretty special. I think your prize was better, though :)

    ReplyDelete