Sunday, November 11, 2012

Give Thanks!

Every month of the year is fun for different reasons. November to me has always been a fun month because it meant we finally had a break from school and we got together with family to have a good time on Thanksgiving. Well, this year I'm finally not a student! Still loving it! Even though I am not a student, November is still going to be an exciting month because Dustin and I are going back to BRAZIL! It still seems like a dream and I don't think it will be real until we get on the airplane. I am sad Luke won't be coming with us but I know he will be well taken care of while we are away. Probably even more spoiled! We are SO excited we have the opportunity to take the trip and know it will be a wonderful experience. :)

We will actually be in Cuiaba, Brazil on Thanksgiving day and so instead of turkey and pumpkin pie we will be having churrasco and mousse de maracuja!!! Yummm!!! As we have talked about the trip food has become a central topic and I feel like I am living in a Jim Gaffigan skit and how he teases about the reason we travel is just so we can eat food in a different place! haha... I think there is quite a bit of truth in that!

Since we won't be here for Thanksgiving I have already been thinking of my blessings and all I have to be thankful for. I have quite the list! I thought I would share just a few.

1. First, my Savior. What a blessing it is to be a member of His church here on the earth. I feel such peace in my life when I strive to follow His example and become more like Him.
2. My sweet husband, Dustin. I am continually amazed at what a wonderful man he is. I don't have words to describe his goodness and I am grateful to be the one to know him best and to have him by my side so hopefully he will rub off on me and I can become more like him! :)
3. My baby Luke. Oh he makes me happy! His smile, his laugh, the way he already shows his love to me are priceless. I am so grateful to be able to watch and help him grow and develop on his journey through life.
4. My family. I have wonderful parents who still take such good care of me. Two awesome brothers who are smart, kind, and the best uncles to Mr. Luke. And of course my Grandma Billie, she and my Grandpa Jerold have been my idols since I can remember and I am so grateful I have been lucky to be a part of their lives. Plus, would I even have a cooking blog without all of Grandma Billie's delicious recipes!?! 
5. My in-laws. Luke has wonderful grandparents on both sides of his family. That is such a blessing to have such role models to love and care for him. I have 6 sisters-in-law and 5 brothers-in-law! That is a big jump from only having 2 brothers! They are all so talented and I am grateful for all I have learned from them. Family is the best! They are always there for you when you need them. I am grateful for the family I married into.    
6. To be a stay-at-home Mom. I love it. It is a dream come true to be with my little love bug. He brings joy to my life every day. :) 
7. For our education. I always wanted to go to BYU and I am so grateful to be a BYU Dietetics graduate. It was hard! But I am so grateful I reached my goal. I am also grateful for Dustin's schooling that has opened so many doors for our future. 
8. For our health and happiness. With so much sickness, I am grateful each day for one more day of good health. 
9. For our safety. I love our little home and our safe little neighborhood. Definitely a blessing.
10. For the fun memories we have as a family and future memories to be had. We love to travel and we are excited to add Brazil to our list of fun adventures. But I am grateful not only for our memories of travels, I am also grateful for the memories of family home evenings, watching movies, having dinners, and laughing together as a family that make day-to-day living great. 

Of course I could go on an on. Counting my blessings helps me remember even the small things I take for granted. It is a wonderful life! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I hope you have a wonderful time! Tell everyone hello from me!! Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your little note. xoxo

    HAVE THE BEST TRIP EVER!!! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Amy!:) I hope you guys have a great time in Brazil! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics:) I am sure Luke will have a ball with Grandma. It was so good seeing you this past weekend:) Also, I loved your frame with all your pictures:) Great job Dustin;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muito animada por voces!!!!! And proud to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete